Saturday, August 10, 2013

It's not easy

“Friend, I know it’s not easy. That’s the point.”
I wrote down the words, because they gave me a chill.
A teacher told me once that we know when a thing is true, because it feels like remembering. I've learned to pay attention to the moments that give me these chills. This word is not adequate, the feeling is not one of cold. I visualize instead that I am recognizing something and my neurons are lunging toward that thing, as if trying to hold hands. It feels like the universe discovering a piece of itself.
 in ArtFocusLifestyleOUR WORLD



Becoming a person of character is perhaps the most difficult path one might attempt.  It isn't easy, but it is a real option available to us all.  It lets us be useful to others, and happiness that lasts is included.





How to get there (children's version):  "...you should try as much as you can to add these things to your lives: to your faith, add goodness; and to your goodness, add knowledge; and to your knowledge, add self-control; and to your self-control, add the ability to hold on; and to your ability to hold on, add service for God; and to your service for God, add kindness for your brothers and sisters in Christ; and to this kindness, add love.  If all these things are in you and are growing, they will help you never to be useless."  

It's not easy, but the great gift we're given is that it's possible.