Sunday, September 2, 2012

Kayaking through alligators

"Today's kayak trip through the mangrove
tunnels was so fun and beautiful," she says.
A therapeutic reprieve from the weight of daily life,
"... when I'm on the move, my brain can finally
be where I am and no where else."

An Atlanta lawyer describes her furiously-paced life and her discovery.  "When you are kayaking through the alligators."
"People ask why I don't just sit and do nothing when I'm overwhelmed and exhausted. It's because when I sit I can still think, but when I'm on the move, my brain can finally be where I am and no where else."
She's right, of course. Whether it's an hour's walk around a park or a month's trek through the Omo Valley (I wish), it's a chance to (ctrl/alt/del) reboot and start fresh.

Simple stuff. Take a friend.  They could probably use the break too.