Monday, December 28, 2015

Trumpisms



Donald Trump continues as a front runner for no discernible reason.  
I am at a loss to understand his being seriously considered for public office.  



His performance in business over the years unveils his questionable judgement and equally suspect ethical standards.  His career shows he has branded well but has perhaps provided little of benefit or good to anyone.

His recent statements, many of which are inaccurate and often unwise or inappropriate, continue demonstrating the person we're being offered to represent and lead us as a nation.




"[I am] calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on" -
Donald Trump and what appears to be  fear mongering


"An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud" -Donald Trump and a fable disproved long ago.

"Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man – he made a good decision.”- Donald Trump and his insults spoken in anger 

"You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you've got a young, and beautiful, piece of @!$%#." - Donald Trump

“I will build a great wall –and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words." - Donald Trump and nonsensical exaggeration 

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They’re rapists… And some, I assume, are good people." -Donald Trump and what appears to be racist fear mongering 

"Our great African-American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore." -
Donald Trump and his perhaps racist perspective


·"The Mexican government ... they send the bad ones over."Donald Trump and international relations


Pants on Fire!
·President Barack Obama "wants to take in 250,000 (people) from Syria."  ·Among Syrian refugees, "there aren't that many women, there aren't that many children."   ·The federal government is sending refugees to states with governors who are "Republicans, not to the Democrats." Donald Trump, too many inaccurate statements


Pants on Fire!
Says crime statistics show blacks kill 81 percent of white homicide victims. - Donald Trump and more of his inaccurate thoughts on African Americans
Pants on Fire!
The 9/11 terrorists' friends, family, girlfriends in the United States "were sent back for the most part to Saudi Arabia. They knew what was going on. They went home, and they wanted to watch their boyfriends on television." Donald Trump and just plain wrong accusations


Pants on Fire!


"The beauty of me is that I'm very rich." - Donald Trump, perhaps hubris 

"It's freezing and snowing in New York – we need global warming!" - 
Donald Trump

"My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body." - 
Donald Trump and inappropriate comments



"If I were running ‘The View’, I'd fire Rosie O'Donnell. I mean, I'd look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I'd say ‘Rosie, you’re fired." - Donald Trump and inappropriate comments in anger

"I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I'm more honest and my women are beautiful." - 
Donald Trump, and he doesn't seem to know it's an insult.


He would crush the Islamic State and send American troops to “take the oil”.   "We have politicians that are grossly incompetent. We have leaders that are incompetent and we have negotiators that are incompetent." He would “Make America great again” by being a better negotiator than all the “dummies” who represent the country today.  Notice his worldview - “[E]very single country that does business with us” is ripping America off. “The money [China] took out of the United States is the greatest theft in the history of our country.” He would, in some unspecified way, adjust how America protects allies such as South Korea and Japan, because “if we step back they will protect themselves very well. Remember when Japan used to beat China routinely in wars?”
He actually said those things. Popular demagogues in other countries sometimes win elections, and there is no compelling reason why America should be exempt, I suppose. Republicans should listen carefully to Mr Trump, and perhaps vote for someone else.


It would perhaps all be humorous if it weren't such a potential catastrophe.  

18 JAN 2016 - Hoping perhaps to attract evangelicals, Trump attempted a quote from the bible and stumbled rather badly, without a clue what he was reading.  Perhaps just showmanship, nothing genuine.


UPDATE:  30 SEP 2016 - He's the candidate.