Saturday, February 16, 2013

Deliberate Divergence

Mainstream: it is the common and current thinking of 
the majority. It happens.  Some choose otherwise.
Abandoning the mainstream ... and doing so without criticism or judgement; just looking for a better way. 


So, is there an adequate reason to go along with the crowd? Any reason?

It's a troublesome question. 
If I say no, then there's a whole lot of work I have to do instead of just letting the mainstream decide for me.  

Status quo?  or change.  

"We all know something's wrong.

At first I thought it was just me. Then I stood before twenty thousand Christian college students and asked, "How many of you have read the New Testament and wondered if we in the church are missing it?" When almost every hand went up, I felt comforted. At least I'm not crazy."   ~ Francis Chan



Seven Questions:
  1. The disciples asked, "who then can be saved?" What was the answer? What does it really mean? 
  2. Why is Christianity so unpopular in the western world, especially with younger folks? 
  3. How much of western Christianity is the real thing? What parts?
  4. What are the criticisms of Christian thinking now? Why?
  5. What effect does wealth have on relationships? (this is huge!)
  6. If you were to pick an activity to fulfill your purpose, what would it be?
  7. Who do you admire? Why?