Friday, February 15, 2013

Gut check.


Your goals are chosen.  They're well established.  Those are the targets you'll hit.

Either by convention and social norm or perhaps by deliberate choice, we focus our lives on a particular set of results.  If we're careless, our goals are the same that everyone has.  The common path is easy to find and follow.


The gateway is open and the path is wide and many find and follow it; it's the one that leads to ... well, you know.

The common path:
My life, My friends and school,
My family and house,
My education, My job,
My career and advancement
possessions and wealth
retirement and end

In it all, we hope to find happiness for ourselves, perhaps.

... but we can choose.
There are nobler goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to challenge any content. Many posts have been revised following critical review.