Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Insulation

What are the chances I'm not an idiot?

Living in the developed world puts us in the top 10% or so of humanity for wealth and income. If we reach our national median, that's the world's top 1%. 

We're insulated from the real world, sheltered by wealth and security, and we complain when the grocery store doesn't have the bread we like.  Most folks are happy if they can get bread.  Any.

Today's perhaps most difficult challenge is living with awareness of Christian principle instead of by our privileged norm.  At least, that's the struggle that bothers me the most.

So begins the walk along that different pathway.  How much of my life is for my benefit and pleasure, and how much is better spent on others?  Stupidhead hard questions, my wife says.


Give us this day, bread, and deliver us from the evil before us, oh God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to challenge any content. Many posts have been revised following critical review.