Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Realization

The day comes for all of us when we realize ... we were wrong and we'd known it all along.  We'd always suspected there was something more, but we hoped it wouldn't be devastatingly bad.

So this precious young lady was making her way through the last weeks before giving birth to her first child.  She chatted with her baby there inside her and sang songs for both their sake.  It was a little scary for her and she worried sometimes about what her baby was going through.  The days passed, and her anticipation soared -- she found herself falling in love with the child she had yet to meet face to face.  When the day came, suddenly she was a mother with a newborn in her arms, and the love that had been stirring in her poured out like a river; she'd had no idea how deeply in love she was with this little person, this tiny center of her universe.  She was forever changed, irretrievably redefined by the life she'd brought into the world.

She bore two more children before ... 


Cecile Richards tells of her own abortion, “It was a decision my husband and I made. It was a personal decision. And we have three children that we adore and that are the center of my life. And we decided that was as big as our family needed to be. That was really the story. It wasn’t anything more dramatic than that." 

Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards was asked, "When does life start? When does a human being become a human being?"

Richards replied, 
"Every woman has to make her own decision." 

Pressed again to say when she thinks life begins, she said, "I'm a mother of three children. For me, life began when I delivered them. They've probably been the most important thing in my life ever since. But that's my own personal decision, right?"

That's an interesting question. Does my preference determine when my child's life begins?
I don't think CEO Richards was completely truthful. I don't think she watched her belly in the weeks before delivery and thought of anything other than her living babies. As wiggling and heartbeat and hiccups and response to her voice were all obvious, she thought of her babies and called them by name. I suspect she knew the truth but for political reasons, she said otherwise. 

This is a troublesome and confused world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to challenge any content. Many posts have been revised following critical review.